The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray – Chuck Smith
Genuine and sincere prayer to God reflects the reality that Christianity is not a religion, but rather, a relationship. It is also a conduit through which God chooses to openly display Himself in the lives of His children by wonderful and miraculous works. Of course, to have this prayer relationship with God you must first believe in the Gospel. It’s through personal faith in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ that you are forgiven, cleansed of your sins and enabled to enter the presence of God in prayer. While your prayer life is a daily dialogue with God it is also a daily discipline. Jesus exhorted His disciples to get alone with God, to avoid pretentious prayers full of empty, heartless repetition. Prayer should be dynamic and multi-faceted. In fact, He gave his disciples a model prayer as an outline to follow in Matthew 6:5-15.
1. Relationship: Our Father in heaven. Remember that having believed in Jesus and His gospel you now approach God as His child. You don’t come on the basis of your work but on the basis of His work for you.
2. Reverence: Hallowed be your name. While we can be genuine and sincerely open with God without pretense, we remember simultaneously that we are addressing the Holy God who is the Maker of the universe and also our Maker. Therefore, we honor Him and remember that His very name is holy and to be hallowed. In a Christian culture that has gone overboard in an effort to make God relevant and relatable, we need to consider the words of the seraphim that fly around His throne day and night declaring, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD of Hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!” (Isaiah 6:3).
3. Submission: Your kingdom come Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As Kingdom Citizens we are no longer pursuing our kingdom but His kingdom. Our chief desire is to see God’s will come to pass on earth in our generation. We have aligned ourselves with what matters to Him and have consequently submitted and surrendered completely to Him.
4. Dependence: Give us this day our daily bread. Humble dependence upon God was the pattern that Jesus laid down for us to follow. The truth is that as much as we would like to think we are in control, that is simply an illusion. GOD IS IN CONTROL. As we acknowledge this we learn daily, humble dependence upon Him to supply our needs and avoid the tendency to live independently from Him. You may be a mover and a shaker, you may have great position and influence, but the truth is you cannot even breathe without Him.
5. Confession: And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Confession of your sins is where your relationship with God began but it is a continuous part of your relationship with Him. Daily confession cleanses you, reminds you of the importance of walking in righteousness, and helps you to remember how grave the issue of sin is to God. Your sin is what sent Christ to the cross.
6. Deliverance: Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Paul said that our weapons of warfare are not fleshly in nature but mighty in God (2 Corinthians 10:4). God is your deliverer. He delivers you to victory over your adversary but that battle is not won in your power. It is won in His power. It is not a physical fight. It is a spiritual fight against wicked principalities and powers. And Christ alone has the power to make you more than a conqueror (Ephesians 6:10-20, Zechariah 4:6, Romans 8:37).
7. Worship: For Yours is the kingdom, power, glory forever AMEN. Worship is often consigned to corporate gatherings, but the adoration of God and the exaltation and affirmation of His beauty and magnificence is daily and forever. It is so important to get our eyes off of ourselves and our struggles and onto the Incomparable One. Your greatest need is to worship and you have been created to worship the Triune God.
8. Integrity: If you do not forgive others neither will your Father in heaven forgive you. God’s expectation is that as you come to Him asking for forgiveness, grace, and mercy, you are also freely giving those to the people who are asking you for them! Jesus was adamant about His disdain for hypocrisy and double standards in the lives of His disciples.
To reach a pastor with an urgent prayer request please call 702-362-9000 and promptly press 9. Thank you!
***Note: Please do not include names or information that may be too personal also please keep prayer requests to 150 words or less, thank you!
You may add your prayer request to our prayer wall using the form below. Once your prayer request is received, we will share it according to your instructions. Feel free to submit as many prayer requests as you like!
There is a woman in our group of friends that does complete character assasinations on sweet brothers and sisters of our church. These are cruel, unforgiving accusations that destroy reputations.
She may use a confidence that the person entrusted to her, sharing it to a group of strangers that have no business hearing about it (which is apppalling)
I think her purpose is to separate people she is not fond of from being accepted into our church body so they are isolated and not included, possible to cause them to be a pariah
She speaks good Christianese, presents well so when she launches into disemmentaing, incriminating and accusing it's somehow accepted
A few have tried to correct/stop her, but she is not teachable, it's not well received (it's basically futile)
Please pray God moves with His mighty Hand and stops her in her efforts to destoy the precious brothers and sisters- either by causing her to repent or removes her from the church
And for her "targets," that God would be their protection and defense
Received: October 13, 2020
Please pray that God would grow me in discipline in my work and help me one day meet the right person to marry. Also pray God would give me peace in everything. Finally pray that God would help me to suffer long and continually trust Him.
Received: October 11, 2020
Please pray God gives me wisdom, regarding my sister, who walked out of my life 2 yrs ago. She wants no contact with me, never again. She is an addict, I won't enable. She has hurt and seriously damaged many relationships in my family, including my son's marriage ending soon, convincing my son's wife, never to associate with me, if she wants a relationship with her. They both viciously mock Christians. Before that, I had a good relationship with my son's wife. Pray for my son, to go back to church, he is saved, but has deeply fallen into his wife's conditional love, he did not see coming, she would mistreat him this way, that he cannot associate with Christian beliefs.Praise God he keeps in touch with me, but I don't hear from often. He makes sure of that. They will soon be divorced. I am very concerned about him and his well being. Please pray God's divine Grace and Protection on him and me and the family. God has intervened, Praise Him, but we still need more prayer for protection in this family.
Received: October 11, 2020
Praise! Colleen needed to go to the emergency room because the doctor was concerned she was having trouble with a bowel movement. The doctors found an infection and made her spend the night. She’s much better now but still needs to heal.
I was not sober. I was tempted and gave in. May God give me grace and mercy. May I be obedient and put in my armor. May he give me healthy fellowship with others.
Continued prayer for our three daughters: Morgan, McKenzie, and Mallory. May God reveal himself to them daily. May he protect them and grant them much grace.
Received: October 11, 2020
Please pray for my neighbor's newborn child, Angela. They just recently gave birth to twins and one of them, Angela, has been at the hospital since birth and for the past 24 days. She's having a hard time swallowing by herself. Please send prayers so that she can get better and that she may go home soon to be with her parents and her twin sister. Thank you.
Received: October 11, 2020
[We read] In the King James Bible, Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."
O God, please help us and teach us to build a wall [of prayer] around the USA, Canada, Poland and United Kingdom. Are you ready to stand in the gap, where God is the Helper and Teacher?
Please pray that United Kingdom, Poland, the USA, Canada would overcome for: (The Acts 26.18).
* Poland, pray for freedom from dead religion to saving faith of Jesus Christ as the Saviour and the Lord by faith only,
* the Church in the USA & Canada & United Kingdom – Pray for repentance and cleansing of the church - Matt. 3.12 "Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
* my family:
1. Bad executives are hurting me. Please pray for God's order in that case.
2. Stir up the hearts of my family for ministry for me, my wife Dorothy, our daughter Ann, and our sons Peter and Daniel - "..but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24.15
3. Pray for God's will, wisdom, discernment, revelation and recognition for me and my family; I ask God for Edmund’s work situation, God's direction for Edmund , Dorothy, Peter, Daniel and Ann (also God's protection and blessings over the company where she works and she needs a husband),
4. God's order in my work. I ask God for great wisdom at my work. Blessings and the knowledge of Jesus Christ for my bosses. Thank God for the continuation of my work.
Received: October 10, 2020
My work is restructuring, I have decided at this time I don't want to promote, my prayer request is placement at work when these changes take effect Saturday. I don't know where I'll go or if there is a position for me. Thank you for your prayers
Received: October 9, 2020
Gracious God. We love you. You are the center of our joy and the strength of our lives. We pray against the spirit of anti Christ,false witness,terrorism,idolatry, sexual immorality,sorcery,leviathan,jezebel,witchcraft,hatred,wars, pestilences, famine,divination and violence. We pray that the spirit of darkness be lifted from America and the scales would be lifted from peoples eyes that they may see the truth and be set free. We pray for a return of your people to the fear of the lord and that the ancient foundations of American be not removed and that you would bring men and women to a place of repentance and forgive our sins. We ask that you heal President Trump,his family and administration of the coronavirus and surround him with Godly council and that all elected officials and world leaders will have wise counsel and have a heart for God. We ask that you will forgive the sins of our land and heal our land. Have mercy on us all. Grant us your peace and direction. We pray for revival in our hearts and churches. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and healing for all of those affected by the coronavirus. Lord in your loving kindness and tender mercies hear our prayers and let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. We give you glory for moving by your spirit and answering our prayers. In Jesus name Amen.
Received: October 9, 2020
Prayers needed for Corey B who is in the hospital fighting for his life.
Received: October 8, 2020
Pray my mother's diabetes medication and blood pressure medication work very well. Also, pray her kidneys, heart, bladder and eyes stay healthy.
Received: October 7, 2020
More ways to pray
Send prayer requests to: Calvary Chapel Las Vegas 7175 West Oquendo Road Las Vegas, NV 89113 USA
Text your prayer requests to 702-518-4453