The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray – Chuck Smith
Genuine and sincere prayer to God reflects the reality that Christianity is not a religion, but rather, a relationship. It is also a conduit through which God chooses to openly display Himself in the lives of His children by wonderful and miraculous works. Of course, to have this prayer relationship with God you must first believe in the Gospel. It’s through personal faith in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ that you are forgiven, cleansed of your sins and enabled to enter the presence of God in prayer. While your prayer life is a daily dialogue with God it is also a daily discipline. Jesus exhorted His disciples to get alone with God, to avoid pretentious prayers full of empty, heartless repetition. Prayer should be dynamic and multi-faceted. In fact, He gave his disciples a model prayer as an outline to follow in Matthew 6:5-15.
1. Relationship: Our Father in heaven. Remember that having believed in Jesus and His gospel you now approach God as His child. You don’t come on the basis of your work but on the basis of His work for you.
2. Reverence: Hallowed be your name. While we can be genuine and sincerely open with God without pretense, we remember simultaneously that we are addressing the Holy God who is the Maker of the universe and also our Maker. Therefore, we honor Him and remember that His very name is holy and to be hallowed. In a Christian culture that has gone overboard in an effort to make God relevant and relatable, we need to consider the words of the seraphim that fly around His throne day and night declaring, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD of Hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!” (Isaiah 6:3).
3. Submission: Your kingdom come Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As Kingdom Citizens we are no longer pursuing our kingdom but His kingdom. Our chief desire is to see God’s will come to pass on earth in our generation. We have aligned ourselves with what matters to Him and have consequently submitted and surrendered completely to Him.
4. Dependence: Give us this day our daily bread. Humble dependence upon God was the pattern that Jesus laid down for us to follow. The truth is that as much as we would like to think we are in control, that is simply an illusion. GOD IS IN CONTROL. As we acknowledge this we learn daily, humble dependence upon Him to supply our needs and avoid the tendency to live independently from Him. You may be a mover and a shaker, you may have great position and influence, but the truth is you cannot even breathe without Him.
5. Confession: And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Confession of your sins is where your relationship with God began but it is a continuous part of your relationship with Him. Daily confession cleanses you, reminds you of the importance of walking in righteousness, and helps you to remember how grave the issue of sin is to God. Your sin is what sent Christ to the cross.
6. Deliverance: Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Paul said that our weapons of warfare are not fleshly in nature but mighty in God (2 Corinthians 10:4). God is your deliverer. He delivers you to victory over your adversary but that battle is not won in your power. It is won in His power. It is not a physical fight. It is a spiritual fight against wicked principalities and powers. And Christ alone has the power to make you more than a conqueror (Ephesians 6:10-20, Zechariah 4:6, Romans 8:37).
7. Worship: For Yours is the kingdom, power, glory forever AMEN. Worship is often consigned to corporate gatherings, but the adoration of God and the exaltation and affirmation of His beauty and magnificence is daily and forever. It is so important to get our eyes off of ourselves and our struggles and onto the Incomparable One. Your greatest need is to worship and you have been created to worship the Triune God.
8. Integrity: If you do not forgive others neither will your Father in heaven forgive you. God’s expectation is that as you come to Him asking for forgiveness, grace, and mercy, you are also freely giving those to the people who are asking you for them! Jesus was adamant about His disdain for hypocrisy and double standards in the lives of His disciples.
To reach a pastor with an urgent prayer request please call 702-362-9000 and promptly press 9. Thank you!
***Note: Please do not include names or information that may be too personal also please keep prayer requests to 150 words or less, thank you!
Prayy for me to lovee theee lordd witth all my heart and for me to knoow if I can go on a missionn tripp callled world racee and praay how I can raise the moneyyy
Pray for me and for guidance and that the lord would help me to delight in him and also i have had the interest in helping others in disaster relief and sharing the gospel also so pray for me to to be able to do some good both here jn colorado and anywhere the lord wants me to go because i am interested in helping out , pray for my friends dorington andd josh that they would forgive me and pray for josue and sharon and megan to forgive me and pray for them even though they are my friends pray they would have a desire to spend time with me and for them to love me and to have a desire for deeper friendship with me and that the lord would reveal that my intentions for them are good and pray for a guy named pastor tim for his guidance and pray for my family and pray for a girl named Miriam and pray for the half way house in Longmont and pray for chris who is dealing with court charges from what I heard, and pray for Bob's whole family and his brothers family member who has been siick with lukeemia but i think one of them passed away who had lukemia but pray that any of them that need healing because i don't know if any of them hafe lukemia or not, but also pray for destiny's whole family because I heard her dad was siick with canceer and for troy who recently had a heart attack,pray for Jesse and his relationship with the lord and for my relationship to the lord and for his relationship with a girl that is a friend, and pray for Joe and his dad who has alllziemers dizease and pray for another group of missionaries from Ireland and pray they can get there Visa or whatever they need to to minister in Ireland and pray for all the calvary chapel churches pray for Ireland and Saudi Arabia and Russia and pray for Israel and for Jordan and pray for Peru and pray for Mexico and for any lesbian or gay or transgendered people in the world and pray for all the people in any jails and prisons in the world, and for any kids in the world and for any homeless people in the world and for the company of Amazon and that they change the responses of Alexa to tell the truth about jesus and Christian topics and pray for any cults and any satanic groups and hate groups and for the ACLU and for any and pray for our godly leaders in our government an pray for Guatemala Honduras, Panama and Australia and New Zealand and for our country and India and Syria and north and South Korea and for lebanon and China and jordan and Egypt Sudan and Haiti and for Afghanistan and Pakistan and and all the former Soviet union, mexico and france and canada and el Salvador and venuezuela and pray the people have food and protection in Venezuela and for Jamaica and Cuba and Canada and Dominican republic and Puerto Rico and Costa Rica and Bolivia and Peru, and for the immigrant crisis and for any natural disaster areas in the us and for thialand and yemen and Australia and Iran and greece and Israel and Gaza and Palestine and Jordan and Italy and Turkey and Burma and India and Sri Lanka and pray for the govt not to take away the 2nd amendment and other constitutional rights and pray for my brother to learn to love christ and to love people of other races and pray for a couple that i heard about about but I don't know their names, pray for me for me to do well at having a nice relationship with lord here in town and also if I go out of town and if I go to blackhawk or central city or if I go to a bar in Erie or if I go to any bars or night clubs becuase I like to share about the lorrd so thankyou!
And pray for all the people on the world
Received: February 11, 2020
More ways to pray
Send prayer requests to: Calvary Chapel Las Vegas 7175 West Oquendo Road Las Vegas, NV 89113 USA
Text your prayer requests to 702-518-4453