Special B2R Event November 8th
To celebrate all that God has done in the two years since the building campaign began, we will be inviting the congregation onto the construction site to walk into our new worship center and feel the space for the very first time. Everyone will have been asked to come with their personal prayer for what God will do in and through the new Worship Center and all of the lives that will be transformed. We will all write our prayers down on the concrete floor together. This is an amazing opportunity for all of us to dedicate the building in prayer.
We will extend an invitation to anyone who has not already participated in pledging to B2R. And November 8 will be the last opportunity for people to sign a paver that will be laid down as part of the pathway leading to the outdoor baptismal.
We are looking forward to this special time with you.
Children 5th grade and under will not be permitted onto the active construction site due to safety concerns. But all children attending LV Kids that day will participate in a very special experience themselves so we encourage them to attend LV Kids.
Infants who are carried at all times will be permitted. No strollers. And masks are required for everyone.
Build to Reach is a three-year campaign to raise funds to build a dedicated sanctuary for the church that will seat many more people and allow Calvary Chapel Las Vegas to reach more souls for the gospel of Jesus Christ both here and abroad through the B2R project.
Our goal is to have 100% participation with each family and individual who calls CCLV their home church. That’s you! We believe as each of us prayerfully considers a commitment to give an amount above and beyond our regular tithing that we will reach our 3 year goal of 3.5 million dollars pledged.
”... For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.Matthew 17:20
God has provided for us to break ground 2 years sooner than expected!
Here is the graphic that shows the gap between what has been pledged and collected verses what was needed to start construction.
Traffic Flow Map
Instructions for giving
Chapters 8 and 9 of 2 Corinthians addresses the topic of giving. A poor church in Macedonia with many troubles overflowed with generosity by gladly giving more than they could afford. Their first action was to give themselves to the Lord, which they found was God’s desire for them. The following points provide us with biblical insight on the foundations for giving.
When we make a commitment of a gift, we are to finish what we start. 2 Corinthians 8:11
Whatever one chooses to give is acceptable. If we give we are to give according to what we have and not what we do not have. 2 Corinthians 8:3
Those in the position to receive or distribute gifts are to ensure they are used to honor God and be above reproach regarding how the gifts are allocated. 2 Corinthians 8:21
The attitude of the giver is of utmost importance to God. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Remember that everything we have comes from God. 2 Corinthians 9:9
When we give it only means we are giving back to Him what is His already. 2 Corinthians 8:9
Pray for B2R
Please continue to pray for the following:
- Pray for outreach opportunities to share the gospel with workers, sub-contractors, and anyone who comes onto the property through the course of the project.
- Pray for safety for everyone on campus.
- Pray that God will make a way for us to celebrate Christmas 2020 in our new Worship Center.
- All construction bids came in within budget and God provided the financing needed through our short-term loan that bridges the gap between what has been pledged and collected and what was needed. Please pray for us to close the gap with new pledged and donations so the bridge loan is not needed.
- Site work permits were approved!
- Staff, Building Team, and Board Members worked with our architect to ensure the design meets our needs and the needs of this city.
- Audio/Visual/Lighting/Acoustics Sub-Contractor completed an awesome design with our team that we are really excited about!
- Over the last year we have had over 600 new visitors complete New to Calvary cards.
- 300 people completed follow-up, dedicating or rededicating their life to Christ.
With clear direction from God, we were able to secure an architect, contractor, and various sub-contractors who understand the vision and are excited to work together to further God’s Kingdom.